Monday, August 18, 2008

Daddy's First Day of School

Daddy's First Day of School


Well the day we have all been waiting for has arrived. This whole fiasco started one year ago on July 17th 2008 while we were in North Carolina!

Daddy officially started school on 8/11/08. I realize I am a bit behind on posts, again. Well, what can I say, perfection is a thing I aspire to, but unfortunately it hasn't happened yet :-).


Daddy, Kenzi and Cam. Of course my kids are hams what can I say, they'd rather pull a face than look pretty, I guess it makes life interesting huh. Daddy is ready for school, backpack and all. We were saying good bye, he is doing night school because unfortunately we didn't make enough money to live on by selling our house so daddy will have to work at some point.


Okay, how sappy am I? I take pictures of the whole event, but I thought you'd all enjoy it. Well actually I think there's a couple of proud parents that want to see this momentus occasion so Here's to them.

Kenzi and Cam follow him out, reaffirming that at some point they get to come and study at the Law School Library with him, right daddy?





Loading up the car, getting ready for the 45min to 1 hour commute to D.C.
Yes, we only live 30 miles away but when you live near D.C. EVERYTHING takes forever, well, mostly driving and getting phone service ;-)


Oh wait, no, after 4 times of standing in 2-3 hour lines to get license plates we FINALLY got them. Can you imagine getting up to the desk and having them say, I'm sorry we need one more paper, then the next time, I'm sorry you are leasing your car, your dealer must mail you power of attorney, AHHHHHHHH! Oh, would you like a side of my left arm with that ma'am? Okay, okay I'm kidding, back to the topic at hand, gee I can't seem to stay on track. Well, get used to it, if you've ever had a conversation with me your pretty used to the jibber jabber..hee hee..


I bet you can't guess what this is. Yep, the ritual of getting the monkeys to stop showing off in the trees long enough to give Daddy a kiss goodbye.

Kenzi was trying to show Daddy all her tricks before he left, he finally had to pull her out of the tree to say goodbye.







Bye Daddy, see you at 10pm!!!


Off daddy goes to school! Yeah, I know, he leaves me with the BIG huge Dodge Ram 3500 to drive around. You might not think that's a big deal, but if you haven't been to the D.C. area, don't mock!!

I thought about going to the grocery store 2 miles away from here tonight, yeah, THOUGHT about it. I'm still thinking....... Kenzi doesn't even want to. My driving is fine, traffic on the other hand, not so.

Last time I drove, I just about turned up the wrong side of the road....Ooops! So it seems I either get up the courage to drive that beast around the city or I become a recluse....what's the vote on that one :-D

Here is a photo from February when we came out here but I thought you'd want to see the front of the school. So, here it is, the George Washington Law School sign. So pretty!

And so the end of another episode of the GWU family adventure blog. Until next time, stay safe, be good and smile once in awhile!

2 comments:

Katie said...

You have had an exciting adventure! It was fun to read your posts and see what you have been doing. Your house looks beautiful! Good luck with all the upcoming things! We are excited we can keep in touch this way!

Kirk and Katie

Troy & Emily said...

We need more blog updates! I want to see some trees! Hope you guys are doing well@
- Emily Troy & Sophy =)