Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Time



Our Family Picture

Lori did a great job taking family pictures for us! We really needed a new one.
The Holidays


I never thought I'd say it, but this year I have missed Virginia. I realized that people are difficult to deal with no matter where you go. We had a great time last Christmas. My parents came to visit and we showed them all around D.C. it was great!!




This was our Thanksgiving Dinner party, just the fam. I learned last year in Virginia that I like to have peaceful, enjoyable Thanksgiving dinners. It is easier when my eating habits do not become the main topic of discussion over the dinner table at Thanksgiving. I'd rather eat in peace.......so we decided to eat at home and then go to visit family for dessert. I think it worked out great.


We did have one uncomfortable situation of ridiculous comments on our diet at dessert but atleast I had a peaceful dinner. Why can't people just leave well enough alone?
Delicous Lattice Apple Pie


I took this to dessert, it was HEAVENLY!! Of course no one in D's family will touch my food. So we had a lot left, I took it to my mom's so it wouldn't sit around the house taunting me and tempting me to eat it and gain 5 lbs. and then proceed to fling myself off a building.
My mom wasn't too appreciative of having it at her house either, but better someone else gain the weight from eating it than me.

D's family will probably never try any of my food, but looking at things on the bright side.....more for me!

Our Beautiful Thanksgiving Dinner


I made homemade tofurkey, I don't like meat substitutes at all , they are creepy. But for Thanksgiving I always make some for the fam. We also had homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, candied yams, fresh rolls and chocolate pie as well as apple pie.
The meal was fabulous!!




The kids really enjoyed Thanksgiving. Daddy bought them some fancy rootbeer from The Good Earth and they LOVED it!
We first tasted this stuff at our favorite restaurant in SLC, Sage's. It is really good. Not necessarily something I would let them have regularly but it was a great Thanksgiving day treat.





Here is our KING Toby. Now I know why they call them Cavalier KING Charles, because they literally think they are the king. He usually finds a nice pillow to lay on, well after he tore his cruciate ligament and had to rest for awhile he found that they laundry basket was the most comfortable place to rest, and now he only gets out to eat and go potty.

Silly puppy LOVES laying around all day! However if I sit on the couch with a pillow in my lap, he will still jump up and lay on the pillow as usual. The world would be a lonely boring place without companion animals to brighten your day and make you laugh sometimes! Except for when they steal food off the counter!

I am excited for Christmas, things are really tight for us right now but I realize that Christmas means so much more than presents! We may be moving AGAIN right after the holidays depending on whether enough money comes in to pay rent, but we know it is in the Lord's hands and we just have to have faith that whatever happens is His will.






























1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey! We would love to see you guys! Where are you at now? Email me! yongka@uvu.edu