Easter Snow!!
Here is C. finding an Easter egg on the tractor in the yard. Yes, we had snow this year in April! I swore I'd never want to move to a cold climate EVER again and yet here I am freezing my can off!
The kids enjoyed the Easter egg hunt despite the freezing temps and snow.
K. is finding an egg in the bird house in the backyard. I was of course in the house staying warm by the fire :-D
C. is our big ham, he is cheesing it for the camera. We bought them a few eggs with a bit of candy and unfortunately I got into a couple pieces of it. I've always found candy to be WAY too sweet but chocolate has been calling my name lately.
Yes, you see Dave's triathlon bike in the background, it comes with the territory of being married to a triathlon maniac. I will forever have bikes, helmets, swim trainers and all manner of workout crap in my living room.....sigh
I know, everyone talks about the great skiing, yes, very true for those who actually ski. Me however, I am just one big hazard on the slopes. I've been skiing since I was eight years old and still haven't graduated from the bunny hill yet. Me and snow just do not mix and that's that, however I am a HUGE fire lover so I've been focusing on all the wonderful fires we've been able to build in our two woodburning fireplace....that is a perk.
We cannot leave the dogs out of it so here is Toby enjoying the snow on Easter. He was hopping around while the kids were gathering their Easter eggs. You gotta love the little guy, he's so darn cute. It's good that he's cute because he is a pain in the neck. He thinks he owns the couch, if you sit on it.....watch out because within seconds you will have Toby proudly sitting on your lap or better yet sitting above your head sniffing your hair. He runs the house! Who knows where Katie was at this point, probably hiding from Toby because he has been after her lately...UGH....boys!
For some odd reason the kids insist on running out in the snow in their shorts and tank tops! While they were being crazy I was making my world famous hot chocolate and staying warm by the fire.
The kids decided to dress crazy, gotta love that creativity!
On the Homeschool Front...
We just finished reading Anne of Green Gables and watched the entire movie! The kids thoroughly enjoyed the movie and we are now on to the next book in the series...
K. has been working on her long division.....she complains and so do I...YUCK!
C. is sitting here at this very moment begging to do his spelling
I better go help him, can't complain when they ask to do homework......





No comments:
Post a Comment