Family Update
Well, we took a trip to Zion for our 14 year wedding anniversary. It was AMAZING to get out of the snow and into warm weather!! I realized that I really do not enjoy cold weather or any cold weather outdoors activities. I went skiing for the first time at 8 years old and even at 16 I was still a danger to myself and everyone else on the slopes!!!!
I went skiing when Dave and I were dating, just to be with him but now that we are married......No more suffering through skiing for me.
Snow mobiling might be fun but four wheeling in warm weather is WAY BETTER in my book.
My biggest problem with cold weather is I cannot get warm once I've gotten chilled. People think I'm making it up, exaggerating or what not. NOPE!! I really honestly and truly can't get warm. Ask Dave who has to sleep with my cold nose, butt and feet!!
My slow metabolism is not designed for cold weather.......
If I had even a dime to my name I'd move......well we might be moving anyway when Dave's paycheck shrivels up to practically nothing.
Zion Was the Highlight of the last year!!
After losing our cars and being stuck ALL winter long in the house day in and day out with no mode of transportation our vacation to Zion was certainly a miraculous tender mercy. Just when I thought I was going to completely fall apart, we had a marvelous time in the warm sunshine.
It boosted my spirits and gave me hope that someday, somehow things might get better.
As Dave's paychecks continue to shrink and life closes in on me I try to think of the warm days ahead and our beautiful garden, running in the mountains and maybe a bit of peace amongst the difficulties we face everyday.
Bye, Bye Beeper....Hello Blueberry
We have this habit of naming our cars......
Our
Acura was Beauty, the BIG Dodge Ram 3500 was Beast
Then when we lost the cars, Dave's parents were gracious enough to help us get a car so Dave could still work. We were so grateful for their kindness and generosity. So, next came our Dodge Neon.
We bought the car for Trade in value so how can you turn down that. It was nice outside and inside......well except for under the hood....UGH!
The car was WIMPY.....and had this little squeaky horn that you could barely hear so it was named
Beeper
Well, unfortunately about 8 months after we bought beeper it needed more repairs than we could afford, well, that's not saying much being that I believe we may have had $20 to our name at the time. It needed more costly repairs than we bought the car for so.....bye bye beeper!
Dave Sold Beeper and Bought Blueberry without me even knowing about either!!!
Luckily I am far beyond getting angry these days, life is bad enough just getting out of bed so I just shrugged my shoulders and said...just don't do that again.
Hence we end up with the car K named Blueberry.
What can I say about blueberry.....hmmm.......
- It has more dents than not
- It has a lot of rust
- The inside of the roof of the car is ripped to shreds
- It smells like smoke
Honestly, the care being ugly isn't what bothers me, I dont' mind driving around an old falling apart car. The problem: It needed a starter, struts, and a bunch of other stuff I have no idea what it is. So we sold a lemon for a lemon.
The man who bought Beeper from us was a mechanic, knew every last thing that was wrong with it and didn't care. We had no idea we were buying a total lemon. We fixed what we could and it runs so that's all we care about at the moment. It's a lot of stress to drive an old car. It's hard not to have the money to buy a nice car and not have the money to fix an old one either!!
This is what it looked like outside on April 3rd.....and then again on April 26th
I'm tired of the snow......... So are the kids!
They stopped playing outside in the snow in january.
Knitting to pass the time while living in Frozen Tundra Winter Frightland
I knitted these pants for K! She wears them every, single day. They are comfortable but they are wearing out fast.
Well, that is a short run down of life over the last several months. Nothing too exciting. Most of our adventures end up being figuring out what bills to pay, if we have enough gas to get to my mom's for a visit, avoiding paying for some things so Dave can pay for gas to get to work. I just try to think of it as an adventure and laugh...otherwise.....I'd cry.







No comments:
Post a Comment