Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kenzi's Birthday Party, 9 years Old!


Kenzi is 9 years old!




Okay, before you start the crazy judgements:

I humbly admit that my darling daughter looks like a homeless child. I wanted to do her hair and make her look like a pretty little princess for her birthday, but alas I was in the kitchen ALL DAY making the cupcakes, cake and two different kinds of frosting she ordered.

As soon as the cake and cupcakes were done kids were already coming and I was painfully aware that she was going to just have to look like the scrounge muffin she loves to be! SIGH!

I must admit, the endless hours I have spent combing out her hair while she wails at the top of her lungs have been rough. I guess today I might as well let it go and spare us both the pain, UGH.

My dream of having a daughter so I could do her hair and make her pretty are completely lost on Kenzi, if she had it her way she'd never take a bath, never have her hair done and would wear the same dirty sweats with holes in them EVERYDAY! What's a mother to do :-(



I made chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and chocolate ganache. Then I made a chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and sprinkles. If you want to know how to make whole wheat chocolate cake eggless and delicious, let me know, this cake was a HIT!




Here my little scrounge muffin is blowing out her candles.



She had more boys at her party than girls, if this is any indication of the future, I want nothing to do with it :-)



She is staying 9 forever!











Camdyn ate half the cake, literally, no exaggeration. That must be why he is in the 90th percentile in weight for a 6 year old.




Yes, we eat healthy but this kid can pack in the food like a 300 pound football player. I fear he may end up looking like one. We may end up living in a cardboard box just so we can feed Cam.







Whoever said vegan kids are scrawny will have to eat their words when they take a look at Cam. He's anything but scrawny.










The party crowd. It was a small party but they had fun. I wasn't able to take a picture of the HUGE birthday cake they drew in the cul-de-sac with sidewalk chalk because it washed away in the rain. All in all the party was fun, Kenzi loved it and well, mommy just let her have an enjoyable day in her old, grubby clothes and 'clean' but messy hair.









































1 comment:

Camryn said...

I love the 'grunge' and 'homeless child' look...all my kids have adopted the same fashion. So let Kenzi know she's in the 'in' crowd :)

BTW- I want your frosting and ganuche thing recipe. YUM!!!!