Merry Christmas!!
The kids on Christmas Morning
Kenzi and Cam pose for a second before dashing into the family room to rip open their presents. They were very good about having to be patient until the camera was ready.
Ableskeivers
And they thoug
ht I'd never be able to do it. I have to confess something, we did not have these Christmas morning because I didn't have the ingredients. But we did have them one FREEZING winter morning and they were AMAZING!!!Yes, I found a way to make egg and dairy free ableskeivers. They turned out light and yummy. The kids ate a whole batch to themselves!!
Camdyn got a BIG remote control car. He LOVED it. They took it out into the cul-de-sac and drove it all over.
Of course he's forgotten about it by now but they had a lot of fun with it over the Christmas holiday.
I forget, why do we buy kids presents at Christmas???? They are usually broken or forgotten about by New Years....Oh well.
Drum Roll Please...........The Drama Queen in All Her Glory!!
The Wii
Super Mario Bros. Galaxy is their favorite game. We had a TON of fun with the Wii sports, Grandma, Grandpa, mom, Dad, Trish and Jared all competed against each other!!!
For all you fans of my food, here are some Christmas dinner highlights!!!
Dave's Mom's Blueberry Jello...Reborn
In the spirit of recreating old favorites into healthy vegan foods I created this recipe. Dave always LOVED his mom's blueberry jello 'stuff'. Well, I found a way to make jello out of fresh lemon juice, succanut and blueberries using agar, a binding seaweed that works the same as gelatin without the animal connective tissue, YUCK!!! Who wants that in their food anyway.
Then I created an amazing dairy free whip cream. I know it looks delicious and it was!!!
The first pie I made wasn't quite right bu the second one, which grandpa forgot to eat turned out so decadent and creamy I ate too much of it!!!
This was amazing!!! Yep that's a little cashew whip cream on top!!





1 comment:
Fun Christmas, I am sure you were glad to see your family. I can't beleive you made Ableskivers!!! I remember having them for my first time at your parents house. I ate almost a dozen. of course that was back in the gymnast days.....
Post a Comment