I can't deny that some days here have been full of peace and joy and others have been marked by fear and stress. Being without an income and wondering when a job might come is stressful no matter how you slice it. We've had our moments of fear and doubt but things have been looking up.
Dave has been called for a second interview for one job and another job is also looking very promising. We are hopeful that something will work out, I'm sure it will.
We took a beautiful trip up the canyon to Cade's Cove. This is a beautiful area in the smoky mountains, it was beautiful!
It's been rainy and cold the last few days so we've been having a little 'cabin fever.' Last night we went to 'The Glowing Bowl' for dinner. It is the only vegetarian restaraunt in Knoxville.
Unfortunately Knoxville is a pretty run down city, but the yoga studio/vegetarian restaraunt was very nice and cozy inside. They had excellent, healthy food!
Kenzi and Camdyn had Soba noodles with steamed carrots, broccoli, asparagus, sesame seeds in teriyaki sauce.
Dave had a roasted tomato sandwich
I had a cauliflower, parsley and olive salad
and of course we had a chocolate shake for dessert!
Camdyn begged us to come back the next day :-D
Various Ramblings and Family moments!
Homework has been interesting, the kids have been major whiners lately. Probably because daddy lets them get away with just about anything if they beg hard enough :-(
Despite the joys and the trials of trailer living I have found that it has taught me more than I would have imagined.
I've learned to find time to pray daily however you can. Living in a trailer you can imagine private time is nearly non-existent. I think I took for granted having privacy, now I have actually found myself valuing my daily prayers more than ever before.
We have also found that going to the grocery store frequently is a BAD idea. You buy extra stuff every time you go. I walk past fresh pineapple or mangoes and how can I resist! Dave buys corn chips or soy ice cream sandwiches....of course he goes for the junk...UGH!!! What else is new.
Kenzi and Camdyn have become obsessed with Webkinz because there isn't much to do on rainy, muddy days out here. We are going to have to break that habit.
We've been listening to times tables songs and Kenzi has been frustrated because Cam is picking it up faster than she is.
We've learned not to lose faith no matter how dire things might look, the Lord is always watching over us and sometimes we may have to be patient but the Lord will bless us.
We may be moving to Nashville if Dave gets this job he applied for. We are praying that he will, we LOVE Nashville. In fact we all would really like to go back to the Veggie Cafe again too!
I made another slideshow of our photos, the slide shows are so much better!





1 comment:
Wow, those pics were cool! BTW- were those coyotes or wolves?
thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment