Thursday, March 12, 2009

Showing Off and Muddy kids, great combination!!


T is Being a Show Off!


Dont we all deserve a little showing off now and then.


Okay, so I'm showing off a little but, it's fun :-P I've had a lot of fun creating recipes lately so I wanted to show them off. This is my campfire grilled tofu and veggies in my homemade miso BBQ sauce. MMmmmm it's YUM!!




Roasted Garlic Tomato Cream Sauce





This recipe is my BABY, it is my special recipe! I am so proud of this one, man is it fabulous!




I roasted a bulb of garlic, made a fresh vegetable tomato sauce and a roasted garlic cashew cream and combined them with herbs and this turned out AMAZING!!




D said it rivaled anything he'd had at Macaroni Grill!!



Blueberry Cobbler


I created this recipe one night while craving a dessert which happens A LOT!! Much to my dismay because the scale just does not agree with my sugar binges, UGH, it's so darn unfair why can't sugar healthy?


Anyway, there are no refined oils in this recipe, the rich flavor is developed with a combination of nut butters that provide whole food fats, and only a few grams per serving.









Strawberry Banana Ice Cream



Okay, hold on to your sweet tooth, this will ROCK YOUR WORLD!!!


Dessert that is actually GOOD FOR YOU!!


This ice cream is fantastic, amazing, delicious, creamy and has NO refined sugar of any kind.


Bananas, strawberries, dates and oh so delicious!! You could eat this every single day and don't forget the chocolate sauce on top Mmmmmmm!!!




I also put a freshly made granola style topping on this too. Are you hungry yet?



Veggie Stir Fry in a Creamy Brown Sauce



That probably doesn't sound too exciting but this is very reminiscent of a dish you would get in an Asian restaurant.




It is awesome served over brown rice, YUM!!




and on to the FUN part......









Mud and Children, the Perfect Combination



Yeah, send your kids outside to play and you think everything is fine, until you check on them......They have covered themselves in MUD!!!!



I thought by nine years old K would have outgrown the PAINT YOURSELF WITH MUD stage....Apparently NOT!!
Here they are smearing each other with mud. Oh the joy of cleaning up after this mess.
They had a ton of fun getting all muddy, come to think of it they haven't had a shower or a bath in a couple days, UGH!



Oh well, it'll strengthen their immune systems, LOL!!






Here is my little drama queen posing for the camera.

D took the kids and put them in the trailer shower to clean them off. It was quite a messy process but at least they had a lot of fun!






Off until next time.......
































































































































3 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like fun I would have liked to have a go at it. Oh and cool recipes... you cease to amaze me. Thanks for the advise the other day. The coconut butter is working wonders!!!! Love it!

Jen said...

Yummm!! You are the best cook, and I'm dreaming about your pasta sauce. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Katie said...

Where are you now?