Sunday, August 23, 2009

Life Changes






























Exodus from Smokey Mountains Tennesee














We were only in Tennesee for 4 weeks, we absolutely loved Tennesee and wanted to stay there. We had both been praying very hard about where we needed to move and what we needed to do. D finally came to me and said he felt we needed to go back 'home'. I didn't want to go, I tried to think of any other alternative but eventually after a couple of days I realized that the answer was clear. We packed up the trailer the next morning and we pulled out of Walland, TN.



It was hard to hold back tears as we drove away. I had to drive the car behind D for nearly 2000 miles!! Here we go:




The first day we drove 8 hours to Cincinatti Ohio. That was quite an ordeal. We were headed into some pretty thick traffic right as we got into the city and D snuck of an exit and left me on a crowded freeway. I was angry, I called him on the phone upset because I did NOT want to be lost in Cincinatti by myself!!









Thank Heaven for Navigation!! I called D and said I am going to the first hotel on the navigation and I'll meet you there.








The next day we visited the Creation Museum. It was very interesting but we couldn't afford any of the shows so we just walked around a bit.














Here we are in the museum, I don't even remember what this was. We didn't spend very much time in the museum. We had to park the trailer back by the buses and the dogs were in the trailer waiting for us.






We were back on the road and headed toward 'home'.



The LONG road home!







This was in Ohio or Indiana somewhere. We stopped for lunch off the side of the road and couldn't find a way back to the freeway so we took a LONG dirt road until we were finally able to find an on ramp again. You can see us driving along the road following D trying to find a way back.



We didn't tell our parents we were coming back, they had no idea. Dcalled his parents and told them to go outside. They walked outside and we drove up in the truck with the trailer on the back. They were shocked and very excited.









After 6 weeks living in the trailer, We find a Home




Trailer living here, is NOT the same as trailer living in TN. It was horrible. The trailer park manager was a nightmare! We were so anxious to get out of there.

We found a home, it is on a postage stamp lot which has been very hard for us to deal with but we are truly greatful to live in a home and not a trailer.


This is home for the next 12 months. Notice there is no table in the kitchen. We lived for about 3 weeks with no furniture at all. D flew back to Tennesee, loaded up our stuff and drove all the way back. It is a LONG drive.


1 comment:

Troy & Emily said...

We are glad to have you guys back! Good luck with the Nucea business. It sure is a great idea!
-Much love,
Troy, Emily, and Sophy =)