Sunday, July 27, 2008

First Hotel in D.C. area



First Hotel in D.C. Area






Okay so here's the scoop on the hotel. We tried to find a place to board the dogs so we could look for a house. Well, if you want a decent place to board your dog in D.C. plan on spending a minimum of $50 per night, per dog.


So, instead of pay basically for two hotels, we found a little Best Western right by the Dulles airport that allowed pets. It was a tiny little room, which is fine if you are sight seeing and traveling but not so fun to try to live out of.


With suitcases for 3 weeks worth of traveling and two dog crates it was VERY tight quarters. We managed just fine but the hotel thing was getting a little exhausting, not to mention that Cam was sleeping on the floor because Kenzi absolutely will not let him sleep in the bed with her. She is starting to get posessive of her space and we realized, they need a place to call home.

Obviously Tobsters was not at all concerned about our cramped situation, he is sleeping like a baby!!!

Silly dog thinks his pad is a blankie, he sleeps on his back a lot. What can I say this non-traditional, do my own thing doggie fits right in to our family! Did I mention he also likes broccoli.

We also call him, VEGGIE DOG~

We have since moved to a 2 bedroom suite at the Marriot next to the Best Western to give the kids some much needed space. Cam is on the sofa bed, kenzi in one room and we are in the other. We are so greatful for the tiny kitchen and separate rooms for now. I'm trying to stay in my Zen place about the whole, finding a rental, but I must say it's not always easy.

My two sayings are becoming every minute mantras now "This too shall pass" and "just let it be"

Very effective little mantras I must say, they help me stay focused, present in the moment and calm. Everything in this life is as it should be, even the things we may not be too fond of. We must remember who is in charge, everything happens exactly as it should so just let it be!

We may not know the reasons, but that isn't for us to know, it is simply that we stay in the present moment, with faith, trusting in the Lord and realizing that most of us are just big whiners and in reality we have it really good in this life. I'm trying to pass on this knowledge to the kids, to help them be greatful instead of whining. Someday I'm sure they'll get it.

Well, I guess that was my Sunday Sermon, smile, so I better go get ready for church now.

No comments: