Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pictures of The Utah Mountains

Final Family photos before the big move to Washington D.C.



When I look at these pictures I have to stop and ask myself, am I crazy? It is a beautiful place to live and we will miss it very much when we move. But I know that we will have many wonderful experiences in D.C. along with a little culture shock :-) We are up to the challenge!

This is a photo taken on a family hike on a Sunday afternoon.







Dave, the kids and the dogs stop to pose for the picture along the hike. Oops, Toby didn't sit still the little pill was too busy sniffing around! He's behind Dave checking everything out.

The kids had an amazing time on the hike. It was sad knowing it was our last hike before leaving but we all enjoyed it.








The kids and I stopped near the Heber railroad at a loading area for a quick picture before loading the dogs back in the truck after our hike.

Hiking along Deer Creek reservoir was a regular family tradition on Sunday afternoons. The dogs would get really excited as soon as we would take out their leashes. They would start barking and run to the door wanting to go play in the Lake.

This is one family tradition that we will miss.






I took this photo as we were driving down the canyon one afternoon. This is the view we have everytime we drive into town to go shopping. How many people get to enjoy such beautiful views on their drive to the mall? I think we are going to have a little bit of a shock going from this kind of view driving into town compared to the heavy traffic of Virginia :-



Well, it is July 2nd, we are still tentatively planning to leave on July 7th. I don't know if it has quite sunk in yet Sure the house is nearly empty but I guess we are all just so excited for the cross country trip that we haven't really given much thought to the idea that we won't be coming back home.

We have only days left before we leave, we are all excited and ready for the trip. The kids keep saying they are scared to go but we keep telling them that we are all going together and we will help them find friends and enjoy Virginia.

The countdown continues.......5 days left!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Good Luck with the move! It looks like some fun, exciting times ahead! We will miss you!